Good to Know
- Offers 160+ different languages to learn through drills, quizzes, pronunciation analysis, movies, music and more.
- Learn Canadian English from over 140 different home languages.
- ProCitizen Canada is a Canadian citizenship preparation course that has over 500 practice tests.
- You can create an account to track your progress or just log in for instant access.
- American Sign Language course is the largest available, with 20,000 instructional videos.
- Personalized courses allow learners to select areas of interest or create a course based on occupation.
- Your Library Card number and PIN.
- Option to create an account with your email and a password to store progress.
- An account is required to use the app.
You can use Pronunciator using a browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari or by downloading the app to take the audiobook lessons on the go. In order to download the app, you will need to create an account using an internet browser first.
Or alternatively, you can use the HTML5 app through your browser directly on your mobile device.
Download the App
The Pronunciator App is called Bluebird. It allows users to download the audiobook version of the lessons.
You will need to enter the following institutional PIN: LOND
Next step is to login with the account information you created using a browser. Select the language you wish to learn and then choose your learning path.
Once you have logged on through the library’s website, you will need to re-enter your library card on Pronunciator’s login page.You will then select Instant Access or choose to Register to create an account using your email address and password to track your progress.
Select the language that you speak at home. Select the language you wish to learn.
There are different options for classes:
- Daily Lessons - these short lessons give a great overview if you are short on time.
- Personalized Courses - if you have registered for an account, this option allows you to customize the length, level and subject areas you wish to study. You can also select an occupation and focus your learning to that field of work.
- Main Courses - in this segment, you can use structured drills, quizzes, audio lessons, movies, music and other learning tools.
- Learning Guides - this is where you will find 8 week courses at various levels, grammar practice and unique content like city tours and courses related to healthcare. If you have selected to learn Canadian English, this is where the ProCitizen Canada course can be found or you can use this link to access it directly. Please note this is only available in English.
For more help, please visit Pronunciator's help center.